How To Buy The Best Garcinia Cambogia
Have you heard the buzz about Garcinia Cambogia Extract? Why is everyone talking this natural weight loss supplement? It seems that everybody and his brother is talking about it and with good reason.
What The Experts Are Saying About Garcinia Cambogia
Garcinia Cambogia has become quite since it was mentioned on The Dr. Oz show. While Dr. Oz does not endorse any particular brand of Garcinia Cambogia, he did refer to the supplement as the “Holy Grail of Weight Loss!”
When Dr. Julie Chen appeared on the show, she noted the following about Garcinia Cambogia:
- Studies have shown it to help increase weight loss by 2-3x more than with diet and exercise alone.
- It increases seratonin levels which helps with emotional eating and also improve mood and sleep.
- It helps to block fat from being made by blocking the enzyme that converts sugar to fat in the liver, instead converting the sugar to energy.
- And it helps to keep cortisol levels under control which helps to decrease belly fat.
Garcinia Cambogia also has no side effects, another great benefit.
What To Consider Before Buying Garcinia Cambogia Extract
With so much going for this natural diet supplement it’s easy to see why it’s quickly become so popular. Unfortunately, all Garcinia Cambogia supplements are not created equal so how do you go about finding one that’s effective, safe, and affordable?
Comparing supplements can be quite confusing because it’s like comparing apples to oranges. There are many different brands which have various formulas and strengths, different recommended dosages, and so forth.
To help you with your research, read the label to determine the following:
1. Is the Garcinia Cambogia standardized to 60% HCA (Hydroxycitric Acid) or is it standardized to the less potent 50%? If it’s 50% HCA the manufacturer may recommend taking higher dosages as this form is less potent.
2. Is the Garcinia Cambogia Extract pure and natural or does it contain artificial ingredients, preservatives, binders, fillers?
3. Is it made in the U.S.A.?
4. Is it manufactured using Good Manufacturing Practices to ensure consistent quality?
5. Are the serving size dosages represented accurately?
It’s very important to actually READ the Supplement Facts panel on the label to REALLY understand what you are getting.
Consider the following:
- Brand A may advertise 3000 mg. and a look at the label tells us this is actually 1000 mg. per serving as 2-500mg capsules taken 3 times daily. So then this is not actually 3000 mg. per serving but per daily serving.
- Brand B may advertise 1300 mg. and a look at the label reveals there is actually 1000mg of Garcinia Cambogia per serving and 300 mg. of additional ingredients. These are also standard 500mg. capsules.
- Brand C may advertise 1500 mg. but when reading the label we learn that the serving size is 1-500mg capsule taken 3 times daily.
Reading and understanding the labels actually reveals that all three of these brands are very similar in strength, yet the way they are presented gives us a slightly different impression.
So then, you need to be aware of these clever and sometimes deceptive marketing practices.
6. Are the Garcinia Cambogia Reviews for the product positive?
7. How long will the supply last?
You’ll have to do some basic math to determine this. Consider the following scenario:
If the recommended dosage for Brand X is 2 capsules three times daily and Brand A contains sixty capsules per bottle, then Brand A contains a 10 day supply.
If the recommended dosage for Brand Y is 1 capsule twice daily and Brand B contains sixty capsules per bottle, then Brand B contains a 30 day supply.
If the recommended dosage for Brand Z is 1 capsule twice daily and Brand C contains sixty capsules per bottle, and Brand C gives you 2 bottles, then Brand C contains a 60 day supply.
It important to take the time to research what you are actually getting and how long it will last when you are ready to buy Garcinia Cambogia Extract.
How To Select The Best Garcinia Cambogia
So now that you’ve learned how to compare the various supplements what should you actually be looking for? Look for the following:
- Dosage. The recommended dosage for Garcinia Cambogia is normally 500-1000mg. per serving taken 2 times daily. Therefore, a potency of less that 500mg. may be too weak and anything over 1000mg. is probably more than is needed and you might run the risk of bringing on unwanted side effects.
- %HCA. The gold standard is Garcinia Cambogia Extract standardized to 60% HCA although some brands use the less potent 50% HCA.
- GMP symbol. A brand that is certified for Good Manufacturing Practices means they are concerned about quality control.
- FDA symbol. This means the product is manufactured in an FDA registered facility.
- No artificial ingredients, preservatives, binders, or fillers.
Once you’ve done your research, you can feel good about purchasing the product that best meets these specifications.
While Garcinia Cambogia for weight loss works well on it’s own, it’s even more effective when combined with exercise and a healthy diet.